A tattoo is one of the most dynamic symbols of self-expression ever created and it’s important to rely on the expert guidance of your artist for the proper aftercare of your life-long treasure.
TATTOO AFTER CARE
After care starts as soon as the tattoo is done.
Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattoo or while applying the cream.
- After two hours, remove the cling wrap (once reached home or hotel).
- Gently wash the Tattoo with the foam of the mild soap or mild hand wash to clean plasma that comes out from tattoo.
- Do not apply any soap or antiseptic liquids to the Tattoo directly.
- Let dry for 20 minutes.
- When tattoo is completely dry, apply cream/ointment.
- We recommend Dr. Special Calendula, Neosporin or Tat Wax.
Next Day/ Everyday
- Do not wrap the Tattoo in any ways.
- Apply cream/ointment two times a day.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream. (Putting on too thick of a layer, wouldn’t allow your skin to breathe).
- Apply the recommended cream for two weeks and then apply body moisturizer until healed.
- For the first few days after you get tattooed, your skin maybe be itchy and sore. This is normal.
- Avoid stressing the Tattoo while physical workouts.
- Do not wash the tattoo.
- Do not touch the tattoo.
- Do not wear tight clothing over the tattoo.
- Do not apply any oil, Vaseline or other products (causes rashes and to fade).
- Do not enter in sea or pool water (one can take a shower everyday)
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not scratch the Tattoo or peel the dead skin of the Tattoo (leads to fading of the Tattoo).
- If touch up required, it will be chargeable as per the size.
- A tattoo that isn’t properly cared for, can get infected. Infected skin will be red, warm, and painful. It may leak pus.
- In case of infection, apply SOFRAMYCIN cream.
- If worsens, contact your doctor.
Note: We do not take any responsibility, if the above instructions are not followed.
Thank you for being a part of Moksha tattoo studio.